In order to keep PSAW members feeling safe, and moving forward, we have created a list of guidelines. Before every eight week session, we ask members if they would like to add, or take out guidelines. Guidelines usually sound something like this:
- Avoid giving advice (observations and personal experience are both okay)
- Avoid giving medical suggestions
- Put microphones on mute when someone else is talking
- Use “I” statements
- Be respectful of others, avoid criticizing or crosstalk
- Share only as much as you feel comfortable.
- Respect the group’s privacy (use headphone during calls if others are around, use discretion when discussing group material with non-members)